Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday Ramblings

This morning I’m writing from a coffee shop about a half mile down from where I just dropped my four grumpy children off at school. Like their mother, they are NOT morning people, but thankfully caffeine makes it all better for me.

Today is the day I take my mother to run errands which is a full day activity. I usually wake up an hour earlier to fit in some work since I’ll be gone for most of the day, and then I make up for lost time later in the evening. There’s nothing pressing on today’s agenda. I’m waiting for two new client agreements and payment so that I can get started on their projects. I’m focusing on two magazine queries this week, and yesterday I sent off posts to two blogs I submit monthly contributions to. I also need to pay my taxes today – I don’t even need to forget to do that.

Before I pick up my mother, I plan to hit up this amazing, funky little salvage shop I discovered last weekend to search for more pots for my container garden. It’s normally advisable to wait until around April 15 to plant tomatoes, peppers and zucchini, but it’s pretty hot already and I seriously doubt we’ll suffer an unexpected freeze between now and the 15th.

How’s your Wednesday shaping up?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe it is great that you can take your mom on errands. There are some things that being a freelance writer affords that are priceless. Four children, wow! You are a busy person.

Kimberly Ben said...

Hi Wade. Yes, I REALLY appreciate the flexibility freelancing gives me so I can be there for my family. yes, 4 kids keeps me running. Lol. Thankfully my husband helps me keep them all in line.

 
Designed by Lena