Monday, November 1, 2010

Refocusing My Efforts

It’s hard to believe that there are only about 60 days left in 2010. Where did the year go?? This year has been an especially challenging one for me. I’ve been dealing with my father’s battle with cancer, and then last month my family buried our very dearly beloved matriarch – my 96 year old grandmother. The pressures of my real life have done a lot to stir up my recent bout of burnout. Although I’ve been very busy marketing my services and catering to new and existing clients, I’ve been very distracted and sometimes have difficulty concentrating on certain tasks (leftover remnants of said burnout no doubt).

I’m recovering slowly but surely, but my down time has caused me to reassess my business. I do this at the end of the year anyway, but recently I’ve become clearer about certain changes I’d like to make regarding the services I provide – renovation if you will. My goal: to spend less time working, but earn a comfortable living. As the pieces to this puzzle come together, I’ll be sharing this journey with you. Some of the changes I’m considering will affect the way I market new services so I need to revamp my business plan and establish a strategy that will help me get from point A to point B.

How about you - are you sticking to your current business model or are you planning to make changes (adding or removing a service(s)) in 2011?

1 comment:

One Woman's Thoughts said...

I am taking some big steps this year. It's been a few years of getting ready and organized. I see that it's an ongoing part of the process. I have been doing prep work for some time. It's always coming soon. But now as they say, it's time to do it or quit dreaming. Best wishes on your strategy plans.

 
Designed by Lena